The Office of the Dean of Students
Dean Jeri Cabot
The Members of the Dean of Students' Team
Dean Jeri Cabot
David Aurich, PhD., Assoicate Dean of Students
Alison Berk, Coordinator for Prevention Education Initiatives and Student Conduct
Ellen Kilgore, Assistant Director of Student Conduct and Case Management
What does the Dean of Students Do?
NEW! Please learn more about our exciting new Collegiate Recovery Program
- Consult with students inquiring about College Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate the Honor System at the College
- Facilitate the following:
- Mission of the Dean of Students is to serve as a general resource to promote student development and success for the campus community. The Dean of Students Office serves as a general resource for students, staff and faculty at the College of Charleston. The Dean of Students advocates for students when appropriate and assists students in need, recognizes student achievement, and holds students accountable for their actions. Staff, faculty and students in collaboration with the Dean of Students create, review, disseminate and enforce the College rules and policies encompassed in the Student Handbook that uphold student rights and responsibilities.
What is the Honor Code and Code of Conduct?
and fairness in the classroom and in the conduct of daily life.
What does the Dean of Students' Team Do for Students?
- advocates for students
- assists students in need
- recognizes student achievement, and
- holds students accountable for their actions.
- create, review, disseminate and enforce College rules and policies
- encompassed in the Student Handbook and other publications
- which uphold and protect student rights and responsibilities.